Think anyone can do your US taxes?

If you’re a US citizen or green card holder living in Canada, you’re required to file a US tax return.

Failure to file US taxes and disclose all of your non US based assets can result in hefty fines and / or criminal prosecution by the US government.

  • Do you have a Canadian bank account or tax-free savings account?
  • Canadian RRSPs or RESPs?
  • Own shares in a Canadian company?

There are complex reporting requirements related to each of these assets. Failure to file the correct forms may result in penalties of up to $10,000 per form.

Moving your IRA or 401(K) or 403(B) to Canada?

It can be a complicated to hold pension plans in the US and live in Canada. Before you decide to move your IRA, 401(K) or 403(B) to Canada, talk to our US tax experts. We will help you determine whether the costs are worth the benefits, and ultimately minimize taxes and penalties and maximize credits on your Canadian tax return.

Are you a Canadian citizen looking to buy property in the US?

Whether you’re a US citizen living in Canada or a Canadian citizen looking to invest in the US, Taylor Leibow’s US tax group has a strong understanding of all the forms that need to be filed and the options for structuring your US investments.

Taylor Leibow: US tax expertise with a personal touch.

Taylor Leibow offers you personalized service and the benefits that come from strong relationships. We don’t just see you at tax time; we’re here to provide advice and help with planning throughout the year.

What are the relevant US tax changes that may affect you?

US Tax Client Forms