As Chief Executive Officer of Taylor Leibow, Nigel oversees the Hamilton and Burlington offices of over 60 staff and 11 partners. He is responsible for firm management and leadership.
Nigel is extensively involved with:
- Practice management,
- Strategic plan formulation,
- Change management,
- Corporate governance, and identification of new services,
- Potential strategic alliances and human resource management.
Nigel is an acknowledged expert in the practice management of professional service firms and continues to be involved in speaking engagements including leading benchmarking sessions, practice management seminars and international management panels. He has been quoted and profiled in international and national magazines.
Nigel previously served on the editorial advisory board of CPA Practice Management Forum, a North American Accounting Publication for which he writes articles.
Education, Designations and Affiliations
- B.Com. University of Cape Town
- CMA, FCMA
- FCPA, FCMA
- President Elect for DFK Canada Inc
- Taylor Leibow Board member of DFK Canada Inc.
He is only the second Canadian to win the highly prestigious ACE (Achievement, Commitment and Excellence) award in 2004 from the Association for Accounting Administration (AAA) for the management and leadership of a public accounting firm.
Nigel was elected as President of the AAA and is the only Canadian to be elected as President.
Nigel has served on the Board of Governors of CMA Ontario and then moved on to the serve on the Public Accountants Council for the Province of Ontario.
Nigel also believes in participating and assisting in the local community.
- Chair of the Carpenter Hospice
- Previously served as Director of Finance and a Board member of the Burlington Chamber of Commerce for eight years.
- Previously served as Board member of DARTS for four years.